Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Impressions of Color

"Impressions of Color"

The most important thing about anything you do, is that you enjoy it. When you stop enjoying it, it's time to do something different. On the other hand, we all experience times when we are uninspired, and we need to press through. Usually it's when I press through, that ideas begin to develop in my mind and lead me to inspiration.

This is my first painting in this particular style, and I had a lot of fun with it. I still use my contrasting style of black against color, that is very characteristic of my paintings. I love contrast because it's bold. Anyone who sees my work would say, "This is Bold." I'm not a subtle painter. However, I always like to use some subtlety in the background of my paintings. I like things happening in the background that may not register on a conscious level. I hope to do a lot more in the future with this.

Corey

No comments:

Post a Comment